WHEN YOUR STUDENT SHOULD STAY HOME AND OTHER COVID PROCEDURES
NEW TECH ABSENCE REPORTING:
To report an absence* for an NTZB student, call (847) 731- 9813.
*Covid-related absences should be reported directly to Ms. McKenzie at (847) 731-9804.
ZION-BENTON TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT 126 CRITERIA FOR QUARANTINE:
- Unvaccinated students who are exposed to COVID-19 (within 3ft for more than 15 minutes) must quarantine for 10 calendar days.
- Unvaccinated students who test positive for COVID-19 will need to quarantine for 10 calendar days and be symptom free prior to returning to school.
- Vaccinated students who are exposed to COVID-19 DO NOT need to quarantine unless symptomatic. If symptomatic, students will need to secure a negative COVID test to return to school.
- Vaccinated students who test positive for COVID-19 must quarantine for 10 calendar days and be symptom free prior to returning to school.
DISTRICT CRITERIA FOR REMOTE INSTRUCTION
Remote Learning for Quarantined Students
- All students who are quarantined due to COVID-19 exposure or a positive test will have access to remote instruction for the duration of the quarantine period.
- Remote instruction will consist of the student accessing all class materials via the school’s learning management system (Canvas at ZBTHS and ECHO at New Tech) and access to the live daily lessons by way of attending class via Zoom during assigned class times.
MASK GUIDANCE FOR ZION-BENTON DISTRICT 126 SCHOOLS:
Throughout the pandemic we have been committed to ensuring the safety and wellness of our school community. Following the state mandate issued by the Governor of Illinois, ZBTHS D126 will require all persons entering the building to wear a mask effective immediately regardless of vaccination status.
Exceptions for staff: while eating, when alone in a room or in small groups of vaccinated people that can maintain more than 6ft of social distance.
District 126 worked diligently last year to implement multiple mitigation strategies to keep students, families, and staff healthy and well. These mitigation strategies worked well in preventing the spread of COVID-19, and the following will continued to be implemented during the 2021-2022 school year, including:
- Daily cleaning and disinfecting;
- Contact tracing in conjunction with quarantining;
- Promoting good hand hygiene;
- Increased airflow/ventilation in school buildings;
- Maintaining social distancing of at least 3 feet in classrooms to the extent possible.
- Staying home when sick
- Directional Traffic Flow (stay to the right, please)
- Exploring Onsite Covid Testing Options
Director of Communications & Talent Management
Zion-Benton Township High School District 126