Student and staff health and safety will continue to be a top priority to ensure health and safety for anyone who enters the District’s facilities. As a result, the District has implemented the following measures:
- Regular and deep cleaning will occur.
- Desks will be sanitized between each class period.
- Anyone who enters the District’s buildings must sanitize their hands upon entry. Once in the building, sanitizer will be widely available to all students and staff. Sanitizer will be in each classroom and at sanitizing stations within various areas throughout the buildings.
- High-touch areas, such as doorknobs, railings, etc. will be sanitized hourly.
- Nightly deep cleaning will occur.
- All buildings will be closed on Fridays for additional deep cleaning.
- After each bus route, each seat will be sanitized.
- Classrooms will be arranged to support social distancing to the largest extent possible.
- All students, staff, and visitors will be required to wear approved masks, properly covering the nose and mouth, when in the District’s buildings. The list of approved masks can be found at the CDC’s website.
- Students, staff, and visitors will be required to undergo daily health and wellness screenings when entering the District’s buildings.
Student and Staff Wellness Checks
- Students and staff will be required to sanitize their hands prior to entering the District’s buildings.
- Students and staff will be required to have their temperature checked prior to entering any of the District’s buildings.
- Students and staff will be required to self-certify wellness upon entry.
- Students and staff will be required to display on their wrist a wellness band while in the District’s buildings.
Visitor Entry Plan
- Outside visitation will continue to be limited (school business and principal approved only).
- All visitors will need to sanitize their hands, have their temperature checked, self certify wellness, and display a wellness band prior to entering the District’s buildings.
- Students or staff who present with any symptoms or a temperature at or above 100.4 will be sent home. If utilizing District transportation, the District will transport the student home.
- Those who test positive for COVID-19 or those who show symptoms and were not tested can return to school 10 days following the appearance of symptoms and at least 24 hours following the resolution of a fever without fever reducing medication.
- Individuals who were within 6 feet of another individual who tested positive for COVID-19 for more than 15 minutes will be asked to isolate at home and monitor symptoms for 14 days.
- Students or staff who experience (or have someone in the household who experience) any of the COVID-19 related symptoms (e.g., fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea) must stay home.
- Increased cleaning will occur during the day, with regular sanitization of “high touch” surfaces (e.g., door knobs).
- The District will continue to conduct deep cleaning on Fridays each week, so facilities will be closed during the school day. Only synchronous learning support spaces will be available during the synchronous learning schedule.
- The District will continue to provide access to hand sanitizer in each classroom and throughout its buildings.
- The District will continue to provide disinfectant spray or sanitizing wipes for all common areas and classrooms.
- The District provided each student and staff member with a cloth Zee Bee mask.
- The District will also continue to make disposable masks available for any student, staff member, or visitor who needs one at its entrances, on its buses, and within its classrooms.
- The district will maintain signs for proper hand washing, social distancing, and other health and safety procedures for using restrooms and drinking fountains and accessing other common areas.
- Buses will continue to be sanitized daily and after each route.
- Students are required to wear a mask to enter the bus. Bus drivers will have disposable masks available if students do not have one.
- Students are asked to socially distance to the extent possible on the buses.