Parents are a key piece to the culture of NT@ZB. Throughout the year, parents not only work with their students to help them develop the 21st century skills that are used in our curriculum, but can also work with teachers, administrators, and staff to keep NT@ZB a welcome and important part of the Zion-Benton community.
There are several ways parents can get involved in the NT@ZB community:
- Become part of a learning partnership - Judge and rate projects, help partner your workplace with NT@ZB projects and students, bring your expertise to one of your student's teachers.
- Volunteer for Parent-Bee Network Activities - The District 126 Parent-Bee Network is the way that parents can help get involved in district initiatives to educate our students and families.
- Be part of the Athletic Boosters - The Athletic Boosters help support our district athletic programs. NT@ZB athletes are ZB athletes and need your support.
- Work with the Coalition for Healthy Communities - The coalition is the foundation for the district's Healthy YOUth programs. Both ZB and NT@ZB have their own Healthy YOUth programs for students, parents, and teachers to participate in.
- Serve on one of our building committees - NT@ZB has committees that meet each year to examine policies and procedures that the district has put in place. By joining one of our committees, you can help shape the future direction of NT@ZB.
If you want to request more information or ask to get involved in specific areas, please contact the NT@ZB Principal's Office at (847) 731-9803.