SAGA stands for Sexuality and Gender Acceptance. Gay-Straight Alliance is a national youth leadership organization that connects school-based Gay-Straight Alliances (GSAs) to each other and community resources through peer support, leadership development, and training. Our GSA promotes and provides a safe environment that serves to support, educate and unite our diverse population. All ZB students are welcome to join.
Do you or someone you know need support? Check out below:
Pride Virtual Community Drop-Ins Will Continue
Youth are welcome to continue joining us for virtual drop-ins for grades 4-7
and grades 8-12
next week. You can find updated RSVP links online at http://bit.ly/prideeventsandinfo
. RSVP is still required to participate in drop-in; those links will be updated weekly at the bit.ly above, so please feel free to continue sharing with any youth who may be interested.
prideSUPPORT Weekly Groups Spring Session Begins 4/13
Our regularly scheduled prideSUPPORT groups (listed below) begin the week of April 13th. All groups will meet virtually via Zoom. Interested participants *must* complete an intake membership meeting with one of our staff; interested families can reach out to me directly via phone (847-724-2620 ext 121) or email (email@example.com) to schedule. Groups include:
- Kinship: LGBTQ+ youth of color grades 9-12, Mondays 5:00-6:30pm with Carolina Cormack-Orellana
- Fruit Loops: LGBTQ+ youth grades 4-7, Tuesdays 5:30-7:00pm with Jess Levine
- Alphabet Soup: LGBTQ+ youth grade 8, Tuesdays 6:00-7:30pm with Gus Hupp
- Trans & Nonbinary Process Group: TGNC youth grades 9-12, Wednesdays 6:30-8:00pm with Carolina & Gus
- *NEW* Limelight LGBTQ+ Media Group: LGBTQ+ youth grades 9-12, Thursdays 6:00-7:30pm with Gus
Action Camp Applications Open NOW!
Action Camp is a 5-day sleep-away leadership camp for rising 8th-12th grade LGBTQ+ youth and allies that we host every year in partnership with Illinois Safe Schools Alliance, a program of PHIMC. This year, camp is scheduled to take place August 3rd - August 7th. While we are not sure how COVID-19 will unfold Applications are open now through the end of April: http://bit.ly/AC20app